“I bought what was advertised as the proof of an old magazine cover. It’s made up of two sheets of paper loosely connected together. The front paper is very thin, almost like tissue paper. The backing paper is thick. Is this kosher, because I’ve never seen anything like it?”

What you describe is consistant with a genuine proof. The thin on thick paper is called chine aplique, and some proofs are chine appliques.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s